You need to apply to register with us to store explosives, that do not require an explosive certificate, such as:

  • fireworks
  • other pyrotechnic substances and items
  • small arms ammunition

For new applications, and to renew explosives licences, return your completed form to Licensing Services, along with your payment (see a list of explosives licence/registration fees) - cheques should be made payable to 'City of York Council'.

Explosives policy

Our explosives policy sets out the approach we take when making decisions about issuing licences for you to store explosives.

Also see

Comment on this page