In general, the Data Protection Act gives individuals a right to access the personal data an organisation is processing about them, unless an exemption applies. This is called a Subject Access Request.

Request to access your personal data

If you want to make a request to access your personal data, print out the Subject Access Request form, complete it and send it along with proof of ID to the address on the form. Find out how we handle data protection requests.

Your request:

  • must be made in writing
  • should include your name and contact address
  • should describe the information you want
  • you will need to provide proof of identification

If your request is specifically to see your social services file see Access to Records.

We do not charge a fee for Subject Access Requests.

Also see

Comment on this page