Calibre Audio Library - Offers a free postal library service of unabridged books on memory sticks, MP3 CDs and cassettes for anyone with sight problems or physical disabilities which prevent them from reading print.
- Guide Dogs for the Blind Association - The official website for the Guide Dogs for the Blind Association.
- Living Paintings - A free library of tactile books with audio description, bringing the visual world to life for blind and partially sighted people. They make special tactile versions of pictures that come to life when fingers feel them. Audio descriptions tell the pictures’ stories while directing the fingertips across the tactile image, describing what is being touched, felt and ‘seen’. The tactile story books they have for children also include clear braille sheets between each page of text so they can read the text of the story themselves.
- National Blind Children's Society - The National Blind Children's Society is a charity providing information, advice, support and services to blind and visually impaired children: The National Blind Children's Society provide a 'CustomEyes Book Service' producing custom-made large print books in the font size and format to suit the individual child's eye condition.
- Royal National Institute for the Blind - Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB) is the UK's leading charity offering information, support and advice to almost two million people with sight loss. Visit the RNIB's RNIB's technology in education information which contains lots of useful up to date information on access software, hardware, tablets etc. Also, check the RNIB's national library service.
- Scottish Sensory Centre - This site contains useful information on a wide range of topics such as information on various eye conditions (along with implications and useful tips), low vision aids, equipment, braille etc.
- York Blind and Partially Sighted Society - This is an independent local charity working to help people with sight problems to be independent.