Our Autism Team provides specialist support for children and young people with Autism.
See information on:
- Working with the Autism Forum
- improving access to the school environment
- how much support we can offer
We can also offer details of:
- support groups and contact details
- useful websites and downloads available online
- visual resources to download
We offer support to children, young people, their families and schools by liaising closely with colleagues in schools and other agencies. Our aim is to enable children and young people to take part as fully as possible in the life of their school.
Our work is done in close liaison with parents as they are the experts on their child. They can offer great insight into what the child likes or dislikes and what the child can or cannot do.
Our work is very varied: some children only requiring one or two visits while others need extensive cross-agency working.