Specialist Careers Advisers can support you if you're aged 13 to 25, in education and training, and have an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).
Specialist Careers Advisers work with:
- secondary schools in York
- local and specialist colleges
- personalised learning and training providers
Help from Specialist Careers Advisers
Specialist Careers Advisers offer information and advice to parents/carers, to help plan for when a young person leaves school.
They offer support with:
- preparing for the next steps after school and college
- getting impartial information and guidance on a range of available options
- making informed choices through visits and 'taster sessions' with local education providers
- arranging personalised learning programmes for those who need more flexibility
They also work closely with other members of the Transition Team, which includes social workers, care managers and the York Independent Living and Travel Skills service (YILTS).