York Arts Education provides creative and educational experiences covering creative arts, dance, drama and music for all children in City of York Schools.
We are increasingly working with Music Hub partners, professional artists, arts organisations and local communities to deliver arts events across the city.
We provide training for approved instrumental tutors and classroom teachers, and support and advice for schools, artists and arts organisations.
We aim to support educational, community and professional art and entertainment provision in York by:
- working in schools to provide whole class instrument and singing
- providing opportunities in the performing arts at York Arts Academies
- providing curriculum support and training opportunities to school staff
- working with other organisations to develop an events programme and community arts work
- providing a regular programme of live arts workshops in schools
- Approved Tutors - Database of Approved Music Tutors. All instrumental and vocal teachers on the Approved Tutors Register are DBS checked
- Instrument hire - York Arts Education offers a highly competitive instrumental hire scheme - ideal to get playing straight away!
- York Music Centre - York Music Centre runs a wide range of group music making opportunities for all ages (3 to 18) and all abilities - every week during term time
- Whole Class Ensemble Teaching (Wider Opps) supports whole class instrumental playing and singing within schools
- Continuing Professional Development Courses (CPD) – these are available throughout the year