Employed children may only work a certain number of hours. Some restrictions will apply to all children aged 13 to 16, and some will differ for children aged 15 and over.
- Breaks - after 4 hours all children must have
a minimum of a 1 hour break.
- School days - a child may work a maximum of 2
hours between 7.00am and 7.00pm, but not within school hours.
- Saturdays and during the school holidays - a
child may work a maximum of 5 hours a day if they are under 15, or 8 hours a day
if they are 15 or over.
- School holidays - all children may only work between 7.00am and
7.00pm, and the maximum number of hours they may work in a week is 25 hours if they
are under 15, or 35 hours if they are 15 or over.
- Sundays - all children may only work a maximum of 2 hours between the hours of 7.00am and 11.00am.