Your ward councillors are:
Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers and partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out about how local priorities are being addressed.
Heworth Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Heworth Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Heworth Ward has a budget to spend on local priorities. The budget may be used for community, environmental, highways and social care projects:
- community projects may include grants for voluntary organisations and/or the purchase of services for the local area
- environmental projects include parks and gardens, open spaces, grass cutting and flower beds
- the highways programme includes improvements to surfacing, footpaths, cycle-paths and lighting
- other projects such as: reducing social isolation and loneliness, prevention of falls, access to a regular nutritious meal, community transport, practical support, handyperson services and extra support for carers
Priorities for the ward have been agreed as:
- a safer, cleaner environment
- a healthy and active community
- developing and supporting a prosperous and connected community
The ward budget for 2018 to 2019 is £28,840. Community groups and voluntary organisations are invited to apply for ward grant funding.
Ward funding grant application supporting documents:
- Ward funding application form
- Funding application guidance notes
- Ward grant monitoring form
- Ward funding - guide to sustaining your project
Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings, team meetings and through other engagement opportunities such as surveys and councillor surgeries.
Housing Environment Improvement Programme
The Housing Environment Improvement Programme (HEIP) supports the delivery of local priorities, specifically improvements that tenants have identified as important to them.
Residents' Associations, Parish Councils and Planning Panels
Residents' Associations in this ward:
- Bellfarm Community Association
- Dodsworth Area Residents' Association
- Muncaster Residents' Association
- Tang Hall and Heworth Residents' Association
Heworth Ward does not fall within a Parish Council area.
Heworth Ward has a Planning Panel made up of local ward residents who meet to discuss and respond to local planning applications. Read the Planning Panel FAQs document.
Contact your Community Involvement Officer for more information on Residents' Associations and Planning Panels.
Local Area Coordination
Local Area Coordinators help you stay safe, well, independent and connected to your local community.
See our Local Area Coordination page for further information about how to access this service in the Tang Hall area.
YorWellbeing support in your Ward
YorWellbeing offers support to help residents to continue to live independently and safely in their homes.
The Yorwellbeing handyperson service can perform small jobs around your home if you are:
- aged 60 years and over
Heworth Ward news and information
Find out what's happening by:
- reading Ward news
- following @HeworthWard on Twitter
- contacting your ward councillors
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer and requesting to join their email list for regular updates on news and events