Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward

Your ward councillors are:

Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers / partners working in the area.

You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out about how local priorities are being addressed. View minutes and agendas from Dringhouses and Woodthorpe ward committee meetings.

Ward profile, priorities and funding

The Dringhouses and Woodthorpe ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.

Based on feedback from residents, ward councillors have set the following priorities for 2017/18:

  • improving the local environment
  • increasing community involvement
  • improving access to services and support
  • promoting community safety

The ward team will focus their work and allocate the ward budget to projects which help address these priorities. For 2017 /18 the ward budget is £43,380. To find out how the ward budget for 2017/18 was allocated, see ward funding decisions.

Community groups and voluntary organisations will be invited to apply for ward funding again in 2018/19.

Consultations with residents take place in a variety of ways, through ward committees and team meetings. During these meetings, decisions on funding are made to allocate the ward budget in response to local needs and priorities.

Ward news and information

Find out what's happening by:

  • reading Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward News
  • following @DringWoodWard on Twitter
  • contacting your ward councillors
  • contacting your Community Involvement Officer - ask to be added to their email list for news updates

Residents' Associations, community groups and planning panels

Residents' Associations in the Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward:

Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward has a Planning Panel made up of local residents who come together to discuss and respond to local planning applications. Read the FAQs document, or contact your Community Involvement Officer for further information.

Also see

Comment on this page
Back to the top of the page