Your ward councillors
Your Ward Councillors are:
Your ward councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers/partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out local information and how local priorities are being addressed. View minutes and agendas from Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward Committee meetings.
Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward Profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Based on feedback from residents, taking into consideration statistical information and local intelligence available from local partners ward councillors have set the following priorities for year 2015/16:
- improving the local environment
- increasing community involvement
- improving access to services
- making your money go further
The ward team will focus their work and allocate the ward budget to projects that help address these priorities.
The total budget for Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward in 2015/16 is £39,629. Part of this budget (£13,991) comes from the highways budget and has to be spent on improvements such as resurfacing, footpaths, cycle-ways and lighting.
Consultations and decisions on funding happen at ward committee meetings, ward team meetings and through other engagement opportunities.
Ward news and information
Find out what's happening by:
- reading Dringhouses and Woodthorpe ward news
- following Twitter @DringWoodWard
- contacting your ward councillors
- contacting your community involvement officer on tel: 01904 551841 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- joining the Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward email list for regular updates on news and events
Residents' associations and planning panels
Residents' associations in the Dringhouses and Woodthorpe ward are:
- Chase Residents' Association
- Dringhouses West Residents' Association
- The Revival Residents Community Association
- Woodthorpe Community Group
Dringhouses and Woodthorpe ward has a planning panel made up of local residents who come together to discuss and respond to local planning applicatins. Contact your Community Involvement Officer for information about how to join.
Information on other wards in York.