Your ward councillors
Your Ward Councillors are:
Your Ward Councillors set priorities and work to address them with input from partners and residents. They host ward committee meetings and events, and lead a team of officers/partners working in the area.
You can attend events and committee meetings in your ward to find out about how local priorities are being addressed. View minutes and agendas from Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward Committee meetings.
Ward profile, priorities and funding
The Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward profile contains statistical information about the area and is updated regularly.
Based on feedback from residents, and taking into consideration statistical information and intelligence from local partners, Ward Councillors have set the following priorities for 2017 to 2018:
- improving the local environment
- increasing community involvement
- improving access to services and support
- promoting community safety
The ward team will focus their work and allocate the ward budget to projects which help address these priorities.
The total budget for Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward for 2016 to 2017 is £43,380. Part of this budget (£13,990) comes from the Highways budget and has to be spent on improvements such as resurfacing, footpaths, cycle-ways and lighting.
Consultations and engagement with residents take place in a variety of ways, for example, Ward Committee meetings and Ward team meetings. These forums also involve decisions on funding to allocate the ward budget in response to local need and ward priorities.
Ward news and information
Find out what's happening by:
- reading Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward News
- following @DringWoodWard on Twitter
- contacting your Ward Councillors
- contacting your Community Involvement Officer by phone or email and ask to be added to the email list for regular news updates
Residents' Associations, community groups and planning panels
Residents' Associations in the Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward are:
- Chase Residents' Association (please contact our Community Involvement Officer for further details - see bottom of page)
- The Revival Residents' Community Association (please contact email@example.com for further details)
- Woodthorpe Community Group
Dringhouses and Woodthorpe Ward has a Planning Panel made up of local residents who come together to discuss and respond to local planning applications. Read the FAQs document, or contact your Community Involvement Officer for information about the Panel and how to join.
- Information on other Wards in York