Our Independent Living and Assessment Centre (ILAC) provides face-to-face advice to help disabled or elderly people to carry on living independently in their home.
The centre is a large room with a bathroom, bedroom, living room and kitchen area containing aids and equipment that customers and their carers can trial with the help of occupational therapy staff.
Get an assessment at the ILAC
If you'd like an assessment at the centre you can contact us to tell us about yourself. Assessments are by appointment only, you can expect:
- our trained staff to help determine what is most appropriate to assist you
- information and independent advice about the equipment on display
- to try different types of equipment to find the best option for you
- to complete a form with measurements of your home or your furniture
- to find out about other services we offer
We may supply you with equipment to take away with you, or you can collect later or we may arrange for it to be delivered to you.
On some occasions it may also be necessary to visit you at home, where a more detailed assessment is required.