Supported tenancies offer 'home living' to adults who have a disability, mental health need or complex health need, through a range of accommodation and adapted properties.
Tenancies can include:
- support provided in specialist 'extra care' properties
- houses shared by a small group of tenants with on-site staff
Staff provide support with day-to-day living, from a few hours a day, up to 24 hours a day.
We can also offer help with:
- setting up and maintaining a home
- managing finances and claiming benefits
- developing domestic and life skills
The Supported Living Services leaflet contains details of local service providers in the York area for supported living.
Always make sure the support provider you choose is registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission.