We welcome interest in adoption from people from all walks of life who can offer a secure, stable home to a child.
- You need to be aged 21 years or above.
- You can be single, married or in a stable long term relationship.
- Your sexual orientation is not an issue.
- You may already have children of your own.
- You may not yet be a parent.
- You can be from any ethnic group or religion.
- are planning major changes in your life, such as moving house/job
- are experiencing financial difficulties
- have suffered a death or major loss in your family within the past year
- are currently undergoing fertility treatment
Other points to note
- We recommend that you allow yourself 6 to 12 months from your final fertility treatment before you consider adoption.
- If you adopt a pre-school child, you would be expected to stay at home with the child for at least the first six months.
- You cannot become an adopter if you have been convicted of a serious crime involving violence and/or children.