With so many opportunities to watch TV or play computer games, and with so much convenience and fast food available, we don’t move about as much, or eat as well as we used to - join Change4life to receive support to:
- eat well, move more and live longer
- get ideas, recipes and games for you to become happier and healthier
You can join Change4Life as:
- an individual who wants to make changes for themselves and their family
- someone who runs a club, activity or society
- a frontline professional
Change4life for families
One you've joined Change4life use the smart tools to help you focus on making healthy changes - it doesn't need to be difficult and can be rewarding and fun:
- Sugar Swaps – Swapping sugary snacks and drinks for ones that are lower in sugar can make a huge difference to kids’ calorie intake.
- Meal Time – It’s important for kids to have regular, proper meals as growing bodies respond better to routine.
- Snack Check – Many snacks are full of the things that are bad for us – sugar, salt, fat and calories. So try and keep a careful eye on how many the kids are having.
- 5 A Day – It’s easier than you think to give your kids 5 portions of fruit and vegetables a day.
- Cut Back Fat – We all know too much fat is bad for us. But it’s not always easy to tell where it’s lurking.
- 60 Active Minutes – Kids need to do at least 60 minutes of activity a day to help them stay happy and healthy.
- Up and About – The way life is today means that most of us spend too long sitting down.
Change4life for professionals
Professionals can join the network of 58,000 Change4Life local supporters to help deliver healthy lifestyle messages.
The initiative is supported by the Department of Health and brings together health and education professionals, industry and the third sector parties with the shared aims - to support people to eat well, move more and live longer!
There are lots of free downloadable resources (leaflets, posters, sponsorship forms, etc) and you'll receive regular updates about the latest campaigns, so you can create your own Change4Life resources.