We are working with the Wilberforce Trust and Action on Hearing Loss to co-ordinate sensory support services through ‘YorSensory’.
If you have a sensory loss or impairment and are finding it difficult to manage, YorSensory offers the following services:
- registration of people who are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, blind, partially sighted or deafblind
- help and support for people finding it difficult coming to terms with sensory loss
- individual needs assessment
- information, advice and support
- access to interpreter and translation services
- specialist equipment
- rehabilitation and mobility training
- access to services provided by other partners
- advice and support to carers
The YorSensory ‘support hub’, based at Wilberforce Trust headquarters, provides a single point of referral for customers with visual impairment, hearing loss and dual sensory loss.
YorSensory outreach venues also:
- offer equipment demonstration
- provide volunteering and befriending services
- work closely with other providers such as the York Blind and Partially Sighted Society