We're working with the Wilberforce Trust and Action on Hearing Loss to co-ordinate sensory support services through ‘YorSensory’.
YorSensory support services
If you have a sensory loss or impairment and are finding it difficult to manage, YorSensory offers the following services:
- registration of people who are deaf, deafened, hard of hearing, blind, partially sighted or deafblind
- help and support for people finding it difficult coming to terms with sensory loss
- individual needs assessment
- information, advice and support
- access to interpreter and translation services
- specialist equipment
- rehabilitation and mobility training
- access to services provided by other partners
- advice and support to carers
Accessing YorSensory support services
The YorSensory ‘support hub’, based at Wilberforce Trust headquarters, provides a single point of referral for customers with visual impairment, hearing loss and dual sensory loss.
YorSensory outreach service
YorSensory outreach venues have been set up for people who are unable to visit the support hub, to give you the same advice and support within your community.
Outreach venues also:
- offer equipment demonstration
- provide volunteering and befriending services
- work closely with other providers such as the York Blind and Partially Sighted Society