Your role as a Homesharer
For a small monthly contribution, Homeshare York can match you with someone who'll provide you with a room in their home in return for some support to help them stay independent.
They may need:
- practical help, such as cooking, shopping or cleaning
- some company at home
- the reassurance of someone in the house overnight
You won't be expected to provide any personal care - you can agree the support you'll provide in advance with the Householder.
We’ll always try to match you with a Householder we think you’ll get on well with, and there'll be plenty of opportunity to get to know each other before moving in.
We make every match based on:
You can be confident we can find the right person for you as we:
- interview all Householders
- assess each home for suitability
- continue to support you throughout the process to make sure everything’s going well
Homeshare Homesharer eligibility
To check whether you're eligible to be a Homeshare Homesharer:
- download our Homesharer eligibility guidance
- request a call back from our Homeshare Coordinator
- complete our online enquiry form
Find out more about Homeshare fees.