'No waiting' cones (traffic cones) can be used to prevent parking on a temporary basis so building works or roadworks can take place.
Apply for permission to use no waiting cones on the road, footways or verge.
- apply 3 weeks before you need the cones
- contact our Traffic Management Team for more urgent requests
- return your application to our Traffic Management Team
No waiting cones cost
Permission to use no waiting cones costs £177.
The cost of supplying cones will depend on:
- the size of the restricted area
- the length of time they're required
We'll invoice you after the works are completed.
Tacit consent for no waiting cones
'Tacit consent' does not apply to this application, because it's in the public interest we process your application before it can be granted.
- you can't assume we'll give you permission
- we'll contact you within 5 working days to let you know we've received your application
- if you've not heard from us within 5 working days, contact us to check your application's status