No waiting cones (traffic cones) can be used to prevent parking on a temporary basis so building works or roadworks can take place.
You can apply for permission to use no waiting cones on the road, footways or verge.
- return your completed form to the Traffic Management Team
- apply 3 weeks before you need to use the cones
For more urgent requests, contact the Traffic Management Team by telephone.
The fee for permission to use no waiting cones is £174.
The cost of supplying no waiting cones will depend on the size of the restricted area and length of time required.
We will invoice you after the works have been completed.
Not all applications fall under tacit consent parameters, due to reasons of public interest.
If tacit consent applies, then you can act as if your application has been granted if we do not respond within a specified time after the confirmed receipt of your application.
Tacit consent does not apply to this application, therefore it is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted.
- you cannot assume permission will be given
- we will contact you within 5 days to acknowledge receipt of your application
- if you have not heard from us within 5 days please contact us to check the status of your application