You can pay your parking ticket online via our penalty charge notices page after 11am, the next working day after the day it was issued, allowing time for the PCNs to be added to the computer database.
You will need:
- Vehicle registration number
- Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) reference
Parking fines (or 'penalty charge notices', PCN) may be either £70 or £50 depending on the seriousness of the parking problem.
For example a PCN that is issued for parking on a yellow line will be at the higher rate of £70, whereas if a pay and display ticket has expired the lower rate of £50 will apply.
The Traffic Management Act allows a reduction to be made if you pay your fine early:
- payment within 14 days gets a discount amount of 50% (the day the ticket is issued counts as day 1 of the 14 day period)
- after 14 days the full amount will be payable, except if you have made an objection which puts it on hold pending a decision. Once a decision has been made, we'll allow you a further 14 days from the receipt of our letter for payment at the discounted rate, if you have to pay
Other ways to pay
- in person, at our customer centre.
- by telephone, using debit/credit card on tel: 01904 551309, 8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday with your PCN number and vehicle registration details ready.
- by post, sending your payment together with your completed payment slip (from the bottom of the PCN) to our Parking Services team. Envelopes without stamps will not be delivered by Royal Mail. Make cheques and postal orders payable to 'City of York Council'. Write your Vehicle Registration Number, the Penalty Charge Notice Number and your name and address on the back of your cheque. Post-dated cheques are not accepted.