A disabled person's bus pass (issued free of charge) entitles you to free local bus travel throughout England, subject to morning peak-time and other restrictions.
You can use your bus pass:
- after 9.00am Monday to Friday
- after 9.30am if travelling outside York and North Yorkshire
- before 6.00am Monday to Friday in York and North Yorkshire
- any time at weekends or bank holidays
Other bus pass rules:
- passes are valid on local bus services throughout England
- services incorporating a special amenity element (such as Park & Ride) may incur a charge - for example, passholders boarding at Park & Ride sites must pay a £1.10 return fare
- passes are not valid for use on excursions, tour buses or race-day shuttles
- passes are not generally valid for free travel on long-distance scheduled coach services such as National Express - check with the coach operator before travelling
- passes are not valid in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland
- if your pass includes the companion entitlement, your 'companion' must board and leave the bus at the same stops as you
When using your pass outside the local area, please let the driver know your destination to avoid any confusion.
You can only apply for a bus pass from us if your 'sole or principal residence' is located in our area.
If you have recently moved to the York area and have a bus pass issued in another area, you must return it before you apply for a new pass from us.