If you are registered blind (severely sight impaired), apply for a blind person's bus pass. In addition to the benefits of the National Bus Pass, the blind person's pass offers:
- free travel on all service buses in our area at any time of day
- free travel on 'York Dial and Ride' buses
- concessionary travel on 'York Park and Ride' buses at any time of day
If you need further advice, please call us.
Apply in person
Apply in person at our Customer Centre between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
You do not need to bring a photograph if you apply in person - we'll take your photograph while you wait.
You must bring:
- proof of your address (photocopy of a current gas or electricity bill)
- proof of your age (photocopy of your passport, birth certificate, medical card or a letter/statement from the DWP)
- a photocopy of your Certificate of Vision Impairment showing that you are Severely Sight Impaired
Please allow 10 working days for your application to be processed.
Apply by post
To apply by post complete a disabled person's application form and include proof of your entitlement along with a passport sized photograph with your name on the back.
Please allow 10 working days for us to process your postal application.
Lost and stolen passes
The charge for replacing a lost bus pass is £7.50. If you've lost your pass, please visit our Customer Centre.
Stolen passes will be replaced free of charge on production of a valid police incident number.
Please allow 10 working days for your replacement bus pass application to be processed.
If you have any further queries please call us.