Your can apply for a disabled person's bus pass at our Customer Centre, West Offices, Station Rise.
Our Customer Centre is open Monday to Friday, 8.30 to 5pm.
You will need to provide:
- proof of age (for example a passport, birth certificate, driving licence, medical card, letter or statement from the Pension Service)
- proof of address (for example a recent utility or council tax bill)
- proof of disability (to find out what is required go to our disabled bus pass page for more information)
- you do not need to bring a photograph when you apply in person, as our staff will take your picture for you
Once your application has been approved, you will receive your new pass in the post within three working days.
Without sufficient proof, we cannot issue you with a pass. Someone else may apply on your behalf, but they will still need to provide proof of your entitlement, plus a passport sized photograph of you.
Complete the disabled person's bus pass application form, if you want to apply for or renew a bus pass. Forms are also available from most post offices and council reception points.
When you return your form by post you must include:
- a passport sized photograph (write your name on the back)
- proof of your address (e.g. photocopies of a current gas or electric bill)
- proof of your age (photocopies of passport, birth certificate, driving licence, medical card or letter/statement from the Pension service)
- proof of your disability (to find out what is required go to our disabled bus pass page for more information)
Please allow up to seven working days for us to process your application.
Renewing your pass
If your pass is due to expire in the next month, please complete an application form and return it to us with proof of your address and continuing disability as detailed above. If your appearance has not changed since your last pass was issued, you do not need to provide a new photograph.
Alternatively you can bring your documents to be checked at West Offices where we can take a new photo if required.
Lost and stolen passes
The charge for replacing a lost bus pass is £7.50.
Stolen passes will be replaced free of charge on production of a valid police incident number.
If you have any further queries please call us.