Visitor parking permits and authorisation cards

Apply for an authorisation card to enable you to buy permits for your visitors to use in a ResPark zone (even if you don't own a car).

You'll receive an authorisation card, free of charge, when you buy a household parking permit or if you are the first person to purchase a permit in a house of multiple occupancy (HMO), alternatively, authorisation cards cost £3 paid with your application.

Return your application and the correct payment with a copy of one of the following documents as proof of your address:

  • council tax demand
  • utility bill dated in the last 3 months (BT landline, water, gas)
  • driving licence
  • existing authorisation card
  • proof that your name appears on the current edited electoral roll (the edited electoral role is the one that is open to the general public to view)
  • pension/benefit book
  • tenancy agreement

Buying visitors' parking permits

Each permit is valid for one day and lasts until 10am the next day.

To buy visitor permits you can:

  • come to our customer centre with your authorisation card and payment
  • write to us including your original authorisation card, details of how many books you require, and your payment (postal charge of 45p applies)

Visitor permits come in books of 5, each book costs £6. You may buy a maximum of 6 books per calendar month and 40 books in a year.

Discounts for visitors' parking permits

Authorisation cards are free of charge and visitor permits are reduced to £1.50 per book if you are:

  • over 60 years old
  • a blue disabled badge holder
  • on the higher rate of the mobility component of the disability living allowance
  • registered blind
  • in receipt of income support
  • in receipt of long-term incapacity benefit

Also see

Comment on this page
Back to the top of the page