You can apply for a commercial parking permit if your work means you need to visit residential or business premises within a residents' priority parking scheme (ResPark) zone.
Return your application with evidence of your eligibility and the correct payment.
You can apply for a permit which covers either one specific parking zone or all resident parking zones.
A maximum of one commercial parking permit is allowed per business.
Cost of commercial parking permits
You can have a permit for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. The cost of your permit depends on how long you want the permit for.
There are different charges depending on whether you wish to park in just one ResPark zone, or all zones.
Commercial parking permit discounts
There are 2 different rates available depending on the level of emissions that your vehicle produces and the size of your vehicle.
You may be eligible for a discount dependent on your vehicle type:
- short car parking discounts are available if your car is shorter than 2.7 metres in length
- low emission parking discounts are available for electric/LPG powered cars and cars with emissions up to 120g/km2 (vehicle tax bands A-C)
You can find vehicle tax information on a new or used car online from the Vehicle Certification Agency.
You will be charged the standard rate for any vehicles which do not qualify for the discounted rate.
Commercial permit rates for one zone only
Number of months
Commercial permit rates for all zones
Number of months
Changes to your vehicle details
If you are receiving a short car or low emission discount then your permit will be vehicle-specific.
This means that any change to your vehicle details will require a replacement permit, regardless of whether the new vehicle is also eligible for a discount.
You will need to:
- return your permit before a replacement can be issued
- include a letter explaining why you're returning your permit
- provide the new vehicle details
- include the vehicle registration document relating to the new vehicle (if the new vehicle is eligible for a discount)
- make a top-up payment for the remaining period of cover (if the new vehicle is not eligible for a discount)
- include a covering letter from the lease company or your employer confirming that you are allowed to use the vehicle (if the new vehicle is a lease/company vehicle)
The replacement will be issued with the same expiry date as the previous permit. Please allow 10 working days for receipt.
Until you receive your replacement permit, you will be unable to park your new vehicle within the ResPark zone.
If you come in to our Customer Centre a new one can be issued to you then and there - so you will not have to wait for a replacement.
If you want to update your permit in person, please ensure that you bring:
- your old permit
- any required documents
- a method of payment (if applicable)