Businesses in most residents' priority parking scheme (ResPark) zones can apply for a business parking permit.
The permit can be used by any member of staff or visitor who has to use their vehicle for business purposes.
To qualify the business must:
- pay business rates directly to the council for a business within a ResPark zone
- have no off street parking at the property (this includes space that is being used for purposes other than parking)
- not be living at the business (if you do live at the premises, you may be entitled to a household permit)
Only one permit will be issued per property, and no visitor parking permits are allowed.
Return your application with the correct payment and proof of your eligibility.
Cost of business parking permits
You can have a permit for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. The cost of your permit depends on how long you want the permit for.
There are also 2 different rates available depending on the level of emissions that your vehicle produces and the size of your vehicle.
You may be eligible for a discount dependent on your vehicle type:
- short car parking discounts are available if your car is shorter than 2.7 metres in length
- low emission parking discounts are available for electric/LPG powered cars and cars with emissions up to 120g/km2 (vehicle tax bands A-C)
You can find vehicle tax information on a new or used car online from the Vehicle Certification Agency.
You will be charged the standard rate for any vehicles which do not qualify for the discounted rate.
Rates for business parking permits
Number of months
|Discounted rate||Standard rate|
Due to a lack of parking spaces, business parking permits are not allowed in zones: