The residents' priority parking scheme (ResPark) gives priority to residents, their visitors and local businesses to park within a particular zone.
If your property is in a 'ResPark zone' you may be entitled to a residents permit or authorisation card that will allow you to park your vehicle (or visitor vehicles) for longer than the permitted waiting time (usually 10 minutes).
Map of resident parking zones
How the ResPark scheme works
The ResPark scheme does not guarantee you a space, but:
- gives you priority over other vehicles, who do not qualify to park within a residents zone
- issues permits valid within one designated zone
- requires a permit for every vehicle (except motorbikes and bicycles).
Types of ResPark permit
- Household permits (and additional permits)
- Resident contract permits
- Badger Hill resident permit
- Disabled parking permits
- Guest house parking permits
- Landlord and management agents permits
- Property parking permits
- Visitor parking permits
- House in multiple occupancy parking permit
Cost of ResPark permits
You can purchase a permit for 3, 6, 9 or 12 months. Overall it's cheaper to buy a permit for 12 months as there are additional administrative costs each time you renew.
The price of your permit depends on what type of permit you want and how long you want it for.
If your vehicle is less than 2.7m (see: short car parking discounts), is a low emission vehicle, or is Electric or LPG powered (see: Low emission vehicle parking discounts), you may be entitled to a discount of 50% on the following permits:
- Household permit - please note you cannot get this discount on additional resident permits i.e. second, third or fourth permits within a property
- Business permit
- House in multiple occupancy permit
- Landlord's permit
- Property permit
- Commercial permit
- Community permit
To apply for a short car or low emission parking discount complete the application form and ensure you include a copy of your vehicle registration document which will prove the length and/or emissions of your car.
Abuse of the ResPark scheme
Find out how to complain to ResPark if a vehicles is parked within a ResPark zone without a valid permit or you think a permit is being used incorrectly.