Our season tickets allow unlimited parking in any of the following car parks:
- Bootham Row car park
- Castle car park
- Esplanade car park
- Foss Bank car park - closes at 8pm
- Marygate car park
- Monk Bar car park
- Nunnery Lane car park
- Piccadilly car park - closes at 6.30pm
- St Georges Field car park
- Union Terrace car park
You can buy season tickets lasting for a minimum of 1 month; they are valid from the date of issue.
Return your application with the correct payment and supporting documents. We'll process your application within 10 working days.
Map of season ticket car parks
You can zoom in on the map to view the locations of council car parks in York.
Click on individual car parks to see more details.
Use the map search bar to search by postcode or street name.
Costs of parking season tickets
Season tickets can be purchased on a monthly or annual basis.
There are 2 different rates available depending on the level of emissions that your vehicle produces and the size of your vehicle.
You may be eligible for a discount dependent on your vehicle type:
- short car parking discounts are available if your car is shorter than 2.7 metres in length
- low emission parking discounts are available for electric/LPG powered cars and cars with emissions up to 120g/km2(vehicle tax bands A-C)
You can find vehicle tax information on a new or used car online from the Vehicle Certification Agency.
You'll be charged the standard rate for any vehicles which don't qualify for the discounted rate.
Season ticket rates
Number of months
|Discounted rate||Standard rate|
Weekly parking costs
Weekly tickets are available in some car parks, via the RingGo 'pay by phone' service.
- Discounted rate: £31.75 (+75p service charge)
- Standard rate: £63.50 (+75p service charge)
Renewing a parking season ticket
You'll receive a renewal form shortly before your season ticket is due to expire.
Please return it before your current ticket expires, allowing 10 working days for your new ticket to be processed.
Changes to your vehicle details
If you are receiving a short car or low emission discount then your season ticket will be vehicle-specific.
This means that any change to your vehicle details will require a replacement season ticket, regardless of whether the new vehicle is also eligible for a discount.
You'll need to:
- return your season ticket before a replacement can be issued
- include a letter explaining why you're returning your season ticket
- provide the new vehicle details
- include the vehicle registration document relating to the new vehicle (if the new vehicle is eligible for a discount)
- make a top-up payment for the remaining period of cover (if the new vehicle is not eligible for a discount)
- include a covering letter from the lease company or your employer confirming that you are allowed to use the vehicle (if the new vehicle is a lease/company vehicle)
The replacement will be issued with the same expiry date as the previous season ticket. Please allow 10 working days for receipt.
Until you receive your replacement season ticket, you'll be unable to park your new vehicle within council car parks, unless you make the standard parking payment.
If you come in to our Customer Centre a new one can be issued to you then and there so you will not have to wait for a replacement.
If you want to update your season ticket in person, please ensure that you bring:
- your old season ticket
- any required documents
- a method of payment (if applicable)
Cancelling your season ticket
You can cancel your season ticket at any time, and you'll be issued with a pro-rata refund for any time remaining on the ticket.
The fee for weekly parking tickets is non-refundable.