If your main residence is within the city walls, you may be to apply for a resident contract parking permit (one per household), provided that you do not have a garage or sufficient space for a motorcar.
The permit allows you to park in one of the following car parks:
- St George's field car park
- Monk Bar car park
- Foss Bank car park
- Marygate car park
- Nunnery Lane car park
- Union Terrace car park
The permit cannot be used in conjunction with any business activities relating to the registered address and can only be used by the permit holder, or a friend/family member visiting the property the permit is registered to.
A resident contract parking permit lasts for a minimum of one month and a maximum of one year.
When applying for the permit, you must select the car park you wish to use as the permit will not allow you to use other car parks.
Costs from 1 April 2017
- Foss Bank car park = £820.00 annually or £79.00 monthly
- other car parks = £810.00 annually or £73.00 monthly
Foss Bank car park is securely locked in the evening, so each permit issued for Foss Bank will be provided with a key to access the car park when closed.
Discounts from 1 April 2017
You may be eligible for a discount dependent on your vehicle type:
- short car parking discounts are available if your car is shorter than 2.7 metres in length
- low emission parking discounts are available for electric/LPG powered cars and cars with emissions up to 120g/km2 (vehicle tax bands A-C)
You can find vehicle tax information on a new or used car online from the Vehicle Certification Agency.
The discounted rates are:
- Foss Bank car park = £380.00 annually or £36.00 monthly
- other car parks = £337.00 annually or £31.00 monthly
Before applying for your permit, please read the full terms and conditions for resident contract permits.
Then download the resident contract permit application form and return it with:
- your payment
- proof of residency
- a copy of your vehicle registration form (for 'short car' or 'low emission' parking discount only)
We process applications within 10 working days of receiving them.
Renewing your permit
You will receive a renewal form shortly before your resident contract parking permit expires.
Please complete and return this at least two weeks before your current permit expires.