Evening frequent users pass

Residents can apply for an evening frequent users pass that lets you park in most off-street car parks and on-street pay and display areas from 5.00pm to 8.30am Mondays to Saturdays, and until 12.30pm on Sundays.

The pass cannot be used in Foss Bank or Piccadilly car parks, as they close in the evening.

Some on-street pay and display bays have waiting restrictions (yellow lines) that are enforceable from 8.00am until 6.00pm, however your permit entitles you to park at these locations from 6.00pm until 8.00am. The signs displayed at each location will let you know when you can park there.

Non-residents and charities can also apply (using the correct form).

Car parks where you can use your evening frequent users pass

On-street pay and display where you can use your evening frequent users pass

5.00pm ntil 8.30am from Monday to Saturday and until 12.30pm on Sundays at:

  • Carmelite Street
  • Lawrence Street
  • Lord Mayor's Walk
  • Micklegate
  • North Street
  • Palmer Lane
  • Piccadilly
  • Priory Street
  • Skeldergate
  • Tanner's Moat
  • Toft Green
  • Walmgate

6.00pm to 8.00am every day at:

  • Fossgate
  • Piccadilly
  • St Deny's Road
  • The Stonebow
  • Walmgate

On-street pay and display costs

  • residents: £92.00 per year or £23.00 per quarter
  • non-residents: £132.00 per year or £44.00 per quarter
  • charities: up to 5 permits free of charge if the business premises are within the inner ring road

Please make cheques and postal orders payable to 'City of York Council'.

On-street pay and display discounts

You may be eligible for a discount dependent on your vehicle type:

You can find vehicle tax information on a new or used car online from the Vehicle Certification Agency.

The prices of the discount passes are:

  • resident: £46.00 per year or £11.50 per quarter
  • non-resident: £66.00 per year or £16.50 per quarter

To apply for a 'short car' or low emission parking discount, complete the appropriate application form (residents or non-residents) and ensure you include a copy of your vehicle registration document.

Also see

Comment on this page
Back to the top of the page