Residents can apply for an evening frequent users pass that lets you park in most off-street car parks and on-street pay and display areas from 5.00pm to 8.30am Mondays to Saturdays, and until 12.30pm on Sundays.
The pass cannot be used in Foss Bank or Piccadilly car parks, as they close in the evening.
Some on-street pay and display bays have waiting restrictions (yellow lines) that are enforceable from 8.00am until 6.00pm, however your permit entitles you to park at these locations from 6.00pm until 8.00am. The signs displayed at each location will let you know when you can park there.
Car parks where you can use your evening frequent users pass
On-street pay and display where you can use your evening frequent users pass
5.00pm ntil 8.30am from Monday to Saturday and until 12.30pm on Sundays at:
- Carmelite Street
- Lawrence Street
- Lord Mayor's Walk
- North Street
- Palmer Lane
- Priory Street
- Tanner's Moat
- Toft Green
6.00pm to 8.00am every day at:
- St Deny's Road
- The Stonebow
On-street pay and display costs
- residents: £92 per year or £23 per quarter
- non-residents: £132 per year or £44 per quarter
- charities: up to 5 permits free of charge if the business premises are within the inner ring road
Please make cheques and postal orders payable to 'City of York Council'.
On-street pay and display discounts
You may be eligible for a discount if:
- your car is shorter than 2.7m in length
- your vehicle is a low emission vehicle (up to 120g/km, vehicle tax bands A to C)
- your vehicle is electric or LPG powered
The price of the discount passes are:
- resident: £46 per year or £11.50 per quarter
- non-resident: £66 per year or £16.50 per quarter
To apply for a 'short car' or low emission parking discount, complete the appropriate application form (residents or non-residents) and ensure you include a copy of your vehicle registration document.