In our car parks (listed below) you can pay for parking using RingGo, a service which lets you pay for parking using a credit or debit card, rather than using cash at a machine.
By using RingGo to pay for parking you:
- no longer need to carry change
- don’t have to use a parking machine
- don’t need to put a parking ticket in your car (Civil Enforcement Officers can check which vehicles are parked with RingGo via their handheld units)
- can pay for long or short stay parking
- can extend your parking time
- can buy multiple days of parking
- can purchase a weekly parking parking permit for £61.50 (+75p service charge) (except by text)
Register with RingGo
- the number plate, colour and make of your vehicle
- your payment card details
Alternatively, you can register when you park using the RingGo app or by calling RingGo on tel: 01904 360002 (calls to RingGo are charged at your standard network 'local' rate).
See registration instructions at myRingGo.co.uk/howitworks.
Park with RingGo
Once you've registered, RingGo recognises your mobile phone number and uses the information you've previously submitted, so when you pay to park you'll only need to:
- confirm the vehicle you want to park
- confirm the location code* where you are parked (car park signs provide this information, or see myringgo.co.uk/whereitworks)
- choose the length of time you want to park
- provide your payment card 3 digit security code
*Minster Badge holders can get a discount using the code stated below, instead of the location code - in such cases please ensure your badge is clearly visible through the windscreen.
|Parking locations||RingGo location code||Minster Badge code|
|Bootham Row car park||27700||77001|
|Castle car park||27701||77011|
|Esplanade car park||27703||77031|
|Foss Bank car park||27704||Discount not available in this car park|
|Monk Bar car park||27708||77081|
|Nunnery Lane car park||27709||77091|
|Piccadilly car park||27711||77111|
|St George's Field car park||27712||77121|
|St George's Field coach park||27751||Discount not available in coach park|
|Union Terrace car park||27714||77141|
|Union Terrace coach park||27750||Discount not available in coach park|
View a map of all car/coach parks.
Please pay for your parking on arrival, as we cannot guarantee a parking space will be available if you've paid in advance.
For council parking in York, if your parking costs £5 or more, a small convenience charge of 20p is made for using RingGo on top of the normal parking tariff.
Extend your parking session
You can remotely top up your parking multiple times by contacting RingGo; you can top up in one of the following ways:
- by telephone via the RingGo automated service (tel: 01904 360002)
- online via the RingGo website or RingGo app
Use RingGo to pay for parking by text
Visit myRingGo.co.uk/texttopark for details on how to set up RingGo's 'Text to Park' service for your particular location.
Texts are charged at your standard network rate. Optional text messages to confirm your parking session and to alert you when your parking is running out are charged at 30p per message.
RingGo Corporate allows businesses to set up a prepaid account so that nominated employees can pay for parking when on business, this means:
- there’s no need to know company credit card details or claim money back
- employees get alerted when their parking session is due to run out, reducing the risk of a penalty charge notice.
- businesses can view and print HMRC approved consolidated parking invoices which itemise VAT
If you need a VAT receipt you can view and print these online at myringgo.co.uk/statements.
If you provide an email address in your RingGo user account, you can opt to receive a receipt automatically every time you park.
Pay for parking using a ticket machine
If you prefer to pay at machines in our car parks, see our map of car parks to get details of each location and related parking costs.