Download and complete the application form to apply for home contents insurance for council tenants. Make sure you have answered all the questions and signed the declaration.

Return your form to:

RSA, Direct Group Property Services
4 Sidings Court

If you have any queries about the scheme phone 08457 337788 (local rate) and ask to speak to Household Operations - let them know you are a City of York council tenant.

We offer some guidance on what's covered by 'simple' insurance and working out the cost of insuring your home.


We have negotiated the 'Simple household insurance scheme' as a service for tenants and do not have any involvement in administering the scheme, or receive any money from the scheme.

Any policy taken out by tenants, or members of their households, is strictly between those parties and Royal and Sun Alliance. We accept no responsibility or liability for any aspect of the scheme.

Also see

Comment on this page