'Simple' content insurance for council tenants covers household contents including furniture, TV, clothing, carpets and electrical goods; these are covered against damage or loss whilst they are in your home.
Summary of cover
This is only a brief summary of what the policy covers - full details of the conditions and exclusions are given in the contents insurance scheme document.
- Accidental damage (optional extra): accidental breakage of mirrors, fixed glass in furniture, TVs
- Freezer contents: unlimited
- Keys and replacement locks: £500
- Damage to your own fixtures and fittings: up to 20% of the sum insured for decorations and tenants' own fittings
- Liability to third parties: £2,500,000 maximum per claim for damages to other people and their property for which you may be held liable through negligence
- Personal accident: £5,000 death benefit as a result of an accident in the home.