You can find accredited properties on the YorProperty website.
YorProperty is an accreditation scheme for private landlords and agents who provide accommodation in York. It promotes good quality, well-managed private accommodation and helps tenants by identifying and advertising properties which meet the scheme standards.
Accreditation is only given to landlords and agents of properties who are committed to:
- making sure their property meets the standards of the scheme
- confirming they are a fit and proper person who will treat tenants fairly
- attending the property management training organised by the scheme or other relevant bodies
Landlords can register for YorProperty accreditation on the YorProperty website.
If your landlord or their agent is a member of the Landlord Accreditation Scheme, you can expect:
- accommodation that meets agreed standards of health, safety and comfort
- affordable warmth and a safe energy supply
- agreed security measures
- an assurance that repairs will be completed efficiently and to agreed time scales
- reasonable written terms in the Tenancy Agreement
- deposits secured in a tenancy deposit scheme
- a courteous and professional service
YorProperty accreditation fees
The accreditation fee consists of a membership fee of £50, plus an administration fee based on the number of properties:
|Number of properties||Fee|
|1 to 5 properties||£35|
|6 to 10 properties||£75|
|11 to 30 properties||£105|
|31 to 100 properties||£210|
|Additional fee per 50 properties over 100||£300|