The housing options team provides a whole range of services from advice to households who find themselves in a housing crisis, intervening to prevent homelessness and managing housing applications.
There are many reasons you may need advice including:
- being asked to leave by family or friends
- breakup in relationship
- domestic violence/domestic abuse
- leaving hospital
- leaving prison
- mortgage arrears and house repossession
- notice to quit or notice seeking possession received from landlord
- redundancy or loss of earnings
- rent arrears from the council, housing association or private landlord
- benefit entitlements (housing benefit and council tax support)
- rough sleeping
The housing options team's priority is to keep you in your home and to explore your other housing options, see:
- About your housing options
- Your circumstances and your housing options
- If the loss of your home cannot be prevented
- Private tenant advice and support
We have published a series of housing option booklets and information to guide you through your housing options. You can also find out about applying for a council home and North Yorkshire Home Choice a choice based letting (CBL) scheme.
See the standards we work to in relation to the services we provide when helping you if you're at risk of losing your home or have nowhere to live.
Get information on translation services if you need this information in another language.