If you're unable to prevent the loss of your home

If the loss of your home becomes inevitable, our Housing Options Team can give advice about a range of housing options available to you, such as:

  • housing associations
  • private rented accommodation (either through the bond guarantee scheme or through the council's letting agency, YorHome)
  • supported housing
  • affordable housing
  • resettlement services - hostels for single homeless people
  • homelessness assessments
  • North Yorkshire Home Choice housing register
  • Bond guarantee scheme

    The bond guarantee scheme is where a landlord agrees to a 'paper bond' rather than a deposit. Under this scheme, we can give landlords an assurance that they will be reimbursed a sum of money if you, as the tenant, damage their property. We will then claim any bond payment back from you.

    To find out more about the scheme and whether you qualify, download our bond guarantee scheme information for customers leaflet.

    If you are a landlord, download our bond guarantee scheme information for landlords leaflet, which tells you more about the process.

    Also see

    Comment on this page
    Back to the top of the page