We collect recycling in 3 main types
- plastic bottles, tins and cans (metal)
- paper and cardboard
Please separate your recycling into these types using the recycling boxes provided.
Find out how to get a new or replacement waste container.
You can recycle any size or colour of plastic bottles (with lids) but not any other type of plastic container.
- milk, water, fruit juice, squash, fizzy drinks bottles
- probiotic drink bottles (not pots)
- detergent and fabric conditioner bottles
- household cleaning bottles (including toilet cleaner and bleach)
- toiletry bottles including make-up/cleanser, shampoo, conditioner and bubble bath bottles
- 'mixed' plastic e.g. plastic food wrapping, food trays, margarine tubs, yogurt pots, toys; these should be placed in your landfill bin
Metal tins and cans
You can recycle all metal food and drinks cans (steel and aluminium). You don't need to remove labels, but please wash them out before recycling.
- food tins (tuna, soup, pet food)
- drinks cans
- sweet tins, biscuit tins and metal lids
- baby milk tins (no plastic lids or scoops)
- hairspray, deodorant, shaving foam aerosols
- aluminium foil and foil trays
- baking trays, metal utensils, coat hangers, cutlery
- paint tins
Paper and cardboard
- egg boxes
- newspapers/magazines, telephone directories, catalogues/brochures (with staples removed)
- junk mail/leaflets (with staples removed), white/coloured paper, all envelopes (with plastic windows removed where applicable)
- greetings cards, non-foil gift wrapping paper, clean paper bags
- cereal boxes, ready meal boxes
- kitchen/toilet roll tubes, tissue boxes
- card sleeves from food packaging
Very large boxes should be flattened and broken down into smaller pieces and placed inside or underneath your recycling box.
- all types of cartons (e.g. soup, chopped tomatoes, custard, fabric conditioner)
- waxed paper coffee/tea cups
To find your nearest carton recycling bank, please use the recycling bank locator.
Many households (apart from rural/remote properties) can recycle glass bottles and jars from home; we accept any colour of glass bottle or jar. Please rinse these out first, especially food jars.
To find your nearest glass recycling bank, please use the recycling bank locator.
- any colour or size of glass bottle, e.g. wine, beer, spirits, juice, perfume, vinegar
- any colour or size of glass jar, e.g. sauce, jam/marmalade, baby food, pickles, condiments
- window glass
- drinking glasses and cookware/Pyrex dishes
- light bulbs, mirror glass
Please dispose of these types of glass safely in your general household waste bin.