Location map of Hazel Court HWRC
You can dispose of the following items:
- paper, cardboard, cartons
- glass bottles and jars
- plastic bottles
- metal cans and tins
- hard plastic (such as toys, garden furniture)
- textiles, clothes, shoes
- garden waste
- soil, turf
- bricks, rubble, plasterboard (please see our chargeable waste prices)
- electrical equipment, fluorescent tubes, fridges, freezers
- household batteries
- scrap metal
- car oil
- fire extinguishers, gas bottles (please see our chargeable waste prices)
- bonded asbestos (please see our chargeable waste prices)
- chemicals, paint (household only)
- general landfill waste
We cannot accept:
- pesticides and chemicals from farms or industry
If you're not sure about which items you can bring to Hazel Court HWRC, please contact us before visiting the site.
See information about disposing of other materials in our Recycle and reuse A to Z.
Hazel Court HWRC opening hours
Between October and March:
- Mondays to Saturdays: 8.30am to 5.00pm
- Sundays: 8.30am to 4.00pm
Between April and September:
- Mondays to Saturdays: 8.30am to 7.00pm
- Sundays: 8.30am to 4.00pm
Access to Hazel Court HWRC
- last entry is 15 minutes before closing time; if you arrive later you may be refused entry
- the height barrier for the site is 1.9 metres (if your vehicle is taller, follow the signs around the barrier)
- pedestrians must use the dedicated disposal area to the left of the main site entrance
- we are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day
- we are open on all other Bank Holidays, but it can be very busy at these times
Permits for larger vehicles at Hazel Court HWRC
If you're a resident bringing your own household waste to the site in a van, vehicle with trailer or other large vehicle (for example, 4x4 with pick up, minibus, campervan), you will need to apply for a booklet of free permits to access the site.
You should allow 10 days for us to process your application and for your permits to arrive by post.
We allow one booklet of permits per household per year.
If you're a resident and wish to visit Hazel Court HWRC using a hire vehicle, you'll need to bring the following:
- hire vehicle documents
- proof of your address and residency (for example, a utility bill with your name and address)
Please note: there is no need to contact us before your visit.
Businesses using hire vehicles must register with us prior to using the site and will be charged. See commercial waste disposal for information about how to register.
Hazel Court HWRC charges
We charge to dispose of certain items including brick, rubble, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, plasterboard and bonded asbestos; find out more about chargeable waste prices.
You can only bring these items to Hazel Court HWRC; we do not accept these at Towthorpe/Strensall HWRC.
Disposing of asbestos at Hazel Court HWRC
If you plan to bring asbestos to Hazel Court HWRC, please contact us first to check there is enough room in the skip.
We cannot accept asbestos from traders; if a tradesperson has removed asbestos on your behalf, they are responsible for its safe disposal.
Please contact the Environment Agency to find local disposal facilities.
Disposing of trade waste at Hazel Court HWRC
We accept trade waste at Hazel Court HWRC; for more information see commercial waste disposal.
Pedestrian and bike access
We do not allow access to the main site for pedestrians or bicycles; please use the dedicated disposal area to the left of the main site entrance. We have placed bins here for general rubbish and some types of recycling.
You can also leave other items accepted on site, and our staff will put them in the correct containers. Usage of this area is monitored to avoid misuse.