All households have alternate weekly collections for general rubbish and recycling waste.
Some households also have fortnightly garden waste collections.
Use our online collection calendar to see:
- types of waste we collect at your address
- your collection dates
- where to put your containers for collection
You should put your rubbish out after 7.00pm the night before and before 7.00am on your collection day. Please do not put your rubbish out at any other time.
Amount of household waste we will collect
From each household we will collect:
- 1 wheelie bin of general rubbish with the lid shut, or up to 3 black refuse sacks of general rubbish for households with bag collections*
- 1 wheelie bin of garden waste (in garden waste collection areas)
- additional garden waste bins relating to a valid garden waste subscription (in garden waste collection areas)
- recycling boxes with correctly separated items (paper/cardboard, plastic, bottles/cans, glass)
- extra recycling presented in open bags (if correctly sorted and separated)
*this can include garden waste if you live outside of a garden waste collection area, or have space in your bin/bags
Disposing of extra waste
No extra general rubbish or garden waste will be taken by our collection team. It's your responsibility to dispose of your waste legally and responsibly. Take any additional waste to one of our Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRC); see Hazel Court HWRC and Towthorpe/Strensall HWRC.