Energise is your local leisure centre at the heart of your community.
Location of Energise
Energise opening Hours
- Monday to Thursday: 7am to 10.30pm (climbing wall 12.30pm to 10.30pm Tuesdays)
- Friday: 7am to 10pm
- Saturday: 8am to 6pm
- Sunday: 8am to 8pm
- Bank Holiday Mondays: closed
- Good Friday: 3pm to 10pm
- Saturday 24 December: closed from 12pm
- Sunday 25 to Tuesday 27 December: closed
- Wednesday 28 to Friday 30 December: normal opening hours
- Saturday 31 December: closed from 12pm
- Sunday 1 and Monday 2 January: closed
- Tuesday 3 January: normal opening hours resume
Please note these are the general opening times for the centre, climbing wall and gym. See Energise timetables for swimming times and fitness classes.
Holiday activities at Energise
A variety of holiday activities for all ages are available, including rollerblading, climbing, archery and tennis.
Use the gym at Energise
The gym at Energise is air conditioned with 98 stations including CV, resistance, freeweights area and spin studio with TRX suspension training system. BeActive membership and 'pay as you go' options are available.
Swim at Energise
Swimming at Energise includes a 25m main pool, small pool and hydrotherapy pool. Public swimming, club hires and lessons are available. See the Energise swimming pool admissions policy and Energise swimming timetable.
Climbing at Energise
Climb at Energise using the 10m and 13m high walls, with over 50 routes and a 4m high bouldering area. Courses, equipment hire and sales are available.
Workout at Energise
Workout at Energise through a variety of fitness classes in the sports hall, dance studio and spin studio.
Other facilities at Energise
Other facilities at Energise include:
- creche, cafe, sports hall, outdoor pitches and tennis courts
- club hire facilities
- pay as you go activities
- birthday parties
- table tennis, badminton, etc
Quality awards, registrations and accreditations
- IFI mark - Energise was the first centre in the country to have been awarded the Inclusive Fitness Mark (IFI Mark)
- AALA Licensed Centre for delivery of outdoor activities to under 18s
- IoS training centre for swimming teachers
- APSE - finalist for 2014 Best and Most Improved Performing leisure centre
- UK Active approved centre
- Dementia Without Walls - supporting Dementia awareness as part of York Dementia Action Alliance
Friendly Energise staff are always ready to help, and look forward to welcoming you to the centre!
Accessibility and Energise
For disability access information about Energise visit DisabledGo.