Yorkcraft is part of the City of York Council Work Choice Programme providing employment opportunities for people with disabilities. We employ 29 people with various disabilities, including placements on short-term, part-time (minimum 16 hours) employment training for 6 people, who experience barriers to employment.
You can use the service if you:
- have a disability and face barriers to finding and keeping employment
- long-term unemployment
- prepared to work for six months.
You would need to contact the Jobcentre Plus who would then refer you to Shaw Trust. After an initial assessment and job search, Shaw Trust would identify an appropriate organisation for employment, this may include Yorkcraft.
We provide experience and training in:
- direct mail
- contract packing
- sub assembly
- confidential waste disposal
- and a range of other activities (gardening, decorating, light removals etc.)
We will work with and support you:
- to develop through training and the setting of work related and personal goals
- to attend Shaw Trust job clubs to help you to progress to external employment
- to gain experience and evidence of work related activities, to help develop your CV