Part-time adult learning courses are offered at venues across the city and surrounding areas.
View the latest Learning 4 Everyone brochure (online version).
You can also download a copy of the Learning 4 Everyone brochure.
New courses are developed all the time. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us.
For information on what's on, you can browse adult education courses at Yortime.
Sign up for a course
- by phone - contact York Learning on tel: 01904 552806. If no-one is available to take your call, leave your name and number on the enrolment answerphone and a member of the team will call you back
- online - you can book online via Yortime
- in person - visit York Learning in the Customer Centre at West Offices to speak to a member of staff. Please note, if you are claiming a reduced fee you will need to give evidence that you are entitled to the reduction
Paying for your course
The cost of a course depends on:
- the length of the course
- if the course leads to a qualification
- if the course has a government subsidy
If the cost of your course is over £100.00, you may be able to pay in installments. Please ask about this option when you enrol.
Some courses are free to everyone, these are listed as 'free' in the course guide. You may also be entitled to attend a course for free if you are on a low income; this could be if you receive benefits, such as Job Seekers' Allowance. You can find out more about this in the guide or ask if you are entitled to a free course when you enrol.
For some courses there will be an administration fee to pay.
Reduced fees are available, however, you will need to check when you enrol. You will need to provide proof that you are entitled to a fee reduction.
Age-related reductions are only available for some recreational courses - check when you enrol. You will need to provide proof of your age.
Included in the cost of the course
Some courses may have additional costs over and above the fee listed in the guide - check when you enrol. If you are unsure about what you should be paying or have a query about the course, please contact us.
Course brochure issue dates
- Learning for everyone for Autumn: distributed door-to-door in July
- Learning for everyone for Spring/Summer: distributed door-to-door in January
Copies of the latest 'Learning for Everyone' brochure will also be available for you to pick up from your local library.