York Learning provides part-time and full-time courses at a variety of venues, dates and times across the York area. The range of courses available are designed for learners aged 16 and above.
View our latest Learning 4 Everyone brochure or download a copy of the Learning 4 Everyone brochure.
Our Learning 4 Everyone brochure gives a full programme of courses, which include:
- painting and drawing
- flower arranging
- cookery and baking
- health and fitness classes
- programmes to improve your employment prospects
Enrol today and meet knowledgeable, helpful tutors who know how to make their subject come alive. We develop new courses all the time. If you can't find what you're looking for, please contact us.
Sign up for a course
- by phone - contact York Learning on telephone: 01904 552806. If we're not available to take your call, leave your name and number on our answerphone and one of our team will call you back
- online - book online via Yortime
- in person - visit us in our Customer Centre and speak to a member of our staff. Note: if you are claiming a reduced fee, you will need to give evidence that you are entitled to the reduction
Paying for your course
The cost of a course depends on:
- the length of the course
- if the course leads to a qualification
- if the course carries a government subsidy
If the cost of your course is over £100.00, you may be able to pay in instalments; please ask us about this option when you enrol. This option is only available when booking by telephone.
Some courses are free to everyone, these are listed as 'free' in the course guide. You may also be entitled to attend a course for free if you are on a low income. This could be if you receive benefits, such as Job Seekers' Allowance. You can find out more about this in our guide or ask us when you enrol whether you are entitled to a free course.
For some courses there will be an administration fee to pay.
Reduced fees for courses
Reduced fees are available, however, you will need to check when you enrol. You will need to provide proof that you are entitled to a fee reduction.
Age-related reductions are only available for some recreational courses; please check when you enrol. You will need to provide proof of your age.
Additional costs for courses
Some courses may have additional costs over and above the fee listed in the guide; you will need to check this when you enrol.
If you are unsure about what you should be paying or have any queries about your course, please contact us.
Course brochure distribution dates
- 'Learning 4 Everyone' for Autumn: distributed door-to-door in July
- 'Learning 4 Everyone' for Spring/Summer: distributed door-to-door in December
Copies of the latest Learning for Everyone brochure will also be available from your local library.
Adult learner awards
York Learning hold a yearly awards ceremony to acknowledge exceptional learners, engaging with a variety of providers across York.