York Learning provides part-time and full-time courses at a variety of venues, dates and times across the York area. Our range of courses is designed for learners aged 16 and over.
Our Learning 4 Everyone brochure details a full programme of courses, which includes:
- programmes to improve your employment prospects
- painting and drawing
- flower arranging
- cookery and baking
- health and fitness classes
Sign up for a course
You can sign up for a course in the following ways:
- by telephone: 01904 552806 (If we're not available to take your call, leave your name and number on our answerphone and one of our team will call you back)
- online via Yortime
- in person - visit us in our Customer Centre and speak to a member of our staff
Paying for your course
The cost of your course depends on:
- the length of your course
- if your course leads to a qualification
- if your course carries a government subsidy
If the cost of your course is over £100.00, you may be able to pay in instalments. You'll need to ask us about this option when you enrol, however, this option is only available when booking by telephone.
Some courses are free to everyone (these are listed as 'free' in the course guide).
You may also be entitled to attend a course for free if you are on a low income - this could be if you receive benefits, such as Job Seekers' Allowance. You can find out more about this in our guide or ask us whether you're entitled to a free course when you enrol.
Note: There may be an administration fee to pay for some courses.
Reduced fees for courses
We offer reduced fees for some courses, including age-related reductions for some recreational courses - you'll need to check this when you enrol.
Note: In order to claim a course fee reduction, you'll need to provide proof of your entitlement.
Additional costs for courses
Some courses may have additional costs over and above the listed fee - please check when you enrol.
If you're unsure about what you should be paying or have any queries about your course, contact us for more information.
Course brochure distribution dates
- 'Learning 4 Everyone' for Autumn is distributed door-to-door in June
- 'Learning 4 Everyone' for Spring/Summer is distributed door-to-door in December
Copies of our latest Learning for Everyone brochure are also available from your local library.
Adult learner awards
York Learning holds a yearly awards ceremony to reward exceptional learners, engaging with a variety of learning providers across York.