Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to work for a real employer, earn a real salary and gain real qualifications.
To search and apply for most apprenticeship vacancies, visit the Find an Apprenticeship Service, or for construction vacancies, visit the BConstructive website.
For general apprenticeship information, visit the Get In Go Far website.
Or if you would like more local information and support, then email email@example.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.
As an apprentice, you will:
- earn a salary; apprentices in York earn between £99 and £350 per week
- get a minimum of 12 months' paid employment and holiday pay
- learn job specific skills
- be able to apply to university once you’ve completed your apprenticeship
- get to graduate! Apprentices in York are invited to attend a graduation ceremony
Apprenticeships take 1 to 4 years to complete depending on their level and framework.
York apprenticeship talent pool
If you would like to be included in our apprenticeship talent pool, email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your current CV stating which type of apprenticeship you're interested in and we'll help to match you up with an employer in York.
Further information about careers and apprenticeships
If you're not sure what to do next you can:
- visit Yor-Zone, a website to help you decide your next steps
- get in touch with your school or college careers advisor
- go to the Castlegate Centre if you're aged 16 to 19
- go to the National Careers Service if you're aged 18+
- contact us by emailing: email@example.com or find us on Facebook
Information for parents about apprenticeships
Parents can download our apprenticeship factsheet for more information about the benefits of apprenticeships and the opportunities they provide.
Information for businesses about apprenticeships
The York Apprenticeship Hub offers a free service to help businesses recruit an apprentice. Find out more by visiting the Hire an Apprentice page, or contact the team on 01904 553732 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.