York Apprenticeship & Training Event 2017 - Thursday 31 August, 4pm to 7pm
If you are a school or college leaver considering your options for September, come along to our Apprenticeship & Training Event at West Offices and talk to employers, training providers, support services and current apprentices.
There will be one-to-one advice on CVs, job applications and interviews. For more information, please contact us.
Gain job-specific qualifications whilst climbing the career ladder
You can now do apprenticeship training once you're already in employment for professional development, such as working towards management training or higher and degree level qualifications. Speak to your employer or contact us for more information, or find us on Facebook or Twitter.
To search and apply for most apprenticeship vacancies, visit the Find an Apprenticeship service, and for construction vacancies, visit BConstructive. For general apprenticeship information, visit Get In Go Far.
As an apprentice, you will:
- earn a salary; apprentices in York earn on average between £99 and £350 per week
- get a minimum of 12 months' paid employment and holiday pay
- learn job specific skills
- be able to apply to university once you’ve completed your apprenticeship
- get to graduate! Apprentices in York are invited to attend a graduation ceremony
Apprenticeships take 1 to 4 years to complete depending on their framework and level.
Further information about careers and apprenticeships
If you're not sure what to do next, you can:
- visit Yor-Zone to help you decide your next steps
- contact the National Careers Service if you're aged 18+
- get in touch with your school or college careers advisor
- contact us
Information for parents about apprenticeships
Parents can download our apprenticeship factsheet for more information about the benefits of apprenticeships and the opportunities they provide.
Information for businesses about apprenticeships
The York Apprenticeship Hub offers a free service to help businesses recruit an apprentice. Find out more by visiting the Hire an Apprentice page, or contact the team.