The York Apprenticeship Hub organises events each year to promote local apprenticeship opportunities and recognise the achievements of apprentices in York.
York Apprenticeship Recruitment Event
This event is targeted at those:
- aged 16-24, looking for an apprenticeship to start before the end of 2018
- who haven't yet decided what they are going to do in September 2018 and would like some advice
- parents or carers of young people aged 16 to 24 who want to find out more about apprenticeships
What to expect:
- one-to-one information and advice will be provided by our Learning and Work Advisers
- some recruiting employers and training providers such as Network Rail, Purenet, York College, Fera Science Ltd, YH Training, Gear 4 Music, City of York Council, Army Careers, Softbox Ltd, CITB, Derwent Training and more...
- support provided by Prospects, a European Social Fund (ESF) funded organisation which provides careers information, advice and guidance to support young people (aged 15 to 24) in schools and colleges
- National Careers Service, Jobcentre Plus and other support services are also usually available to provide one-to-one information and advice
York Apprenticeship Graduation and Awards Ceremony
The York Apprenticeship Graduation and Awards Ceremony is an annual event held in November at York Grand Opera House. It celebrates the hard work and dedication of all those who have completed an apprenticeship qualification.
Photos from York Apprenticeship Graduation Ceremony 2017 are available to view on Facebook.
Apprenticeship Graduation 2018
You are eligible to graduate in 2018 if:
- you complete your apprenticeship at any point between 1 November 2017 and 31 October 2018
- your apprenticeship employment placement is based in York, you live in York or you did your apprenticeship training in York
For more information and to register your attendance, go to Eventbrite.
York Apprenticeship Awards: categories
- Apprentice of the Year aged 16 to 24 with a smaller employer (less than 100 employees)
- Apprentice of the Year aged 16 to 24 with a larger employer (100 or more employees)
- Apprentice of the Year aged 25 and older
- Smaller Employer of the Year (less than 100 employees)
- Larger Employer of the Year (100 or more employees)
You are eligible to be nominated as an apprentice if you complete your apprenticeship between 1 November 2017 and 31 October 2018.
You are eligible to be nominated as an employer if you currently employ apprentices and are based in York.
Download the 2018 nomination form.