As a signatory to the York Charter for Volunteering we make every effort to apply its principles in all our volunteering projects. The Charter is a locally-devised set of standards that provides a framework for developing and improving volunteering programmes.
- Contribution: Volunteers are able to contribute to genuine achievements
- Quality: The volunteer experience is of a high quality
- Safety: Volunteers have a safe experience
- Enjoyment: Volunteers are able to enjoy their experience
- Value: Volunteers are valued and their contribution is properly recognised
- Voice: Volunteers have a voice and all parties listen to one another
- Equality: Volunteers are treated fairly, barriers to volunteering are removed and diversity is welcomed
- Proportionality: Volunteer paperwork and procedures are kept to the minimum necessary for the role
Visit Volunteering York to find out more. Also see our good practice guidance for involving young volunteers.