Housing benefit appeals

Complete and return a housing benefit appeal form if you disagree with our decision about your housing benefit entitlement.

You can:

  • ask for further explanation
  • ask us to consider changing our decision

All appeals:

  • must be made in writing
  • must state the specific reason for appeal
  • must be submitted within one month of our decision date
  • should have any evidence accompanying the appeals form
  • will be heard by the Independent Tribunals Service

If we made our decision more than a month ago and you ask us to look at it again or you appeal, you can make a late request, but it may not be considered.

Also see

Comment on this page
Back to the top of the page