Complete and return a housing benefit appeal form if you disagree with our decision about your housing benefit entitlement.
- ask for further explanation
- ask us to consider changing our decision
- must be made in writing
- must state the specific reason for appeal
- must be submitted within one month of our decision date
- should have any evidence accompanying the appeals form
- will be heard by the Independent Tribunals Service
If we made our decision more than a month ago and you ask us to look at it again or you appeal, you can make a late request, but it may not be considered.