Apply for a Riding establishment licence to run a horse or pony riding, grazing or stabling premises/school:
- return your form to the Licensing team with the £171 fee (this excludes vets' fees)
- we will reply within 28 days
- riding establishment licences last for 12 months
- you'll need to renew your licence every year
Before we issue your licence, we'll arrange an inspection of your business with a vet:
- the vet's inspection will usually be within 2 months of receiving your application
- you will need to pay for the vet's inspection and report
- the fee depends on the length of visit required
Not all applications fall under tacit consent parameters, due to reasons of public interest.
If tacit consent applies, then you can act as if your application has been granted if we do not respond within a specified time after the confirmed receipt of your application.
Tacit consent does not apply to this application, therefore it is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted.
- you cannot assume permission will be given
- we will contact you within 28 days to acknowledge receipt of your application
- if you have not heard from us within 28 days please contact us to check the status of your application
- we consider the animals' welfare before issuing a licence