Apply for a pet shop licence if you own a shop that sells pet livestock.
Please note the following:
- please return your completed form to the Licensing team with the £150 fee
- pet shop licences last for 12 months
- you'll need to renew the licence every year
We'll visit your premises and check you comply with the legislation and licence conditions before we issue your licence.
Not all applications fall under tacit consent parameters, due to reasons of public interest.
If tacit consent applies, then you can act as if your application has been granted if we do not respond within a specified time after the confirmed receipt of your application.
Tacit consent does not apply to this application, therefore it is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted.
- you cannot assume permission will be given
- we will contact you within 28 days to acknowledge receipt of your application
- if you have not heard from us within 28 days please contact us to check the status of your application
- we consider the animals' welfare before issuing a licence