Apply for an animal boarding establishment licence to operate board kennels/premises for cats and/or dogs.
Please note the following:
- please return your form to the Licensing Team with the £150.00 fee
- animal boarding licences last for 12 months
- you'll need to renew your licence every year
- the number of animals you can accommodate will be specified on the licence
- we will reply within 28 days
Before we issue a licence, your premises will be inspected by an authorised officer and vet.
Not all applications fall under tacit consent parameters, due to reasons of public interest. If tacit consent applies, then you can act as if your application has been granted if we do not respond within a specified time after the confirmed receipt of your application.
Tacit consent does not apply to this application, therefore it is in the public interest that we process your application before it can be granted.
Following your application for an animal boarding establishment licence:
- you cannot assume permission will be given
- we consider the animals' welfare before issuing a licence
- we will contact you within 28 days to acknowledge receipt of your application
- if you have not heard from us within 28 days, please contact us to check the status of your application