Pubs, clubs and licensed premises

Our Environmental Protection Unit can give advice, investigate and take legal action relating to noise from licensed premises, including:

  • loud music
  • singing
  • shouting
  • customers talking loudly
  • noise from beer gardens

Every pub, club or licensed premises, including takeaways and restaurants, has a licence that says how their business should be run without causing a nuisance to neighbours. Information on such licences is available from our licensing unit by emailing or by telephoning 01904 552512.

Code of Practice for outdoor music events

We provide guidance on minimising noise in our 'code of practice' for businesses, event organisers and venues who are considering organising an outdoor event. It gives advice on noise issues and includes necessary forms to be completed and submitted during the planning stage.

Guidance for pubs, small licensed venues and clubs

Our leaflet on controlling noise from pubs, small licensed venues and clubs helps those running such venues prevent noise complaints.

If you require a paper copy of this document please contact our Environmental Protection Unit team, as below.

Comment on this page
Back to the top of the page