Contact us to:
- report a stray dog
- see if your lost dog has been found
If we find your dog we will try to return it to you. If there is no one home or your dog has no collar we will take it to kennels. There is a £63 charge to get your dog back, plus kennel fees and any vet bills that are necessary.
Kennel fees are charged by the day no matter how short a time the dog is in our care.
We keep dogs for seven days after which we try to re-home them. Where we are unable to find a suitable home it is possible that the dog may be destroyed.
The law requires that all dogs must wear a collar and tag bearing the owners name and address on it, even if the dog is micro-chipped.
All dogs which have been in our kennels as strays and have not been claimed by their owner within the statutory seven day period may be re-homed.
We make every effort to advise new owners about the dog, however, the responsibility for the dog's temperament, health and condition passes to the owner when they sign the adoption form.
Dogs are fostered on a trial basis and if the owner decides that the dog is unsuitable during this time, they must return it to us.
Terms and conditions of adoption
If you decide to adopt a dog, please be aware of the following:
- you are responsible for ensuring the dog receives veterinary treatment when required including annual boosters/inoculations
- the dog must live inside your house and not outside
- the dog must always have a collar with identity tag detailing your name and address
- the dog must be micro-chipped and neutered
- you must comply with all legislation and local by-laws relating to dog ownership including dog fouling and dogs being kept under proper control and on leads along certain roads
- the dog must be properly fed and cared for and not allowed to stray or cause nuisance
- you will agree to a home visit prior to the adoption of the dog and any time after this by prior arrangement
- the dog must not change ownership without prior consent from us