Flytipping is 'the illegal dumping of waste'.
Use our eForm to report incidents of flytipping to be cleared up.
You can also contact us to report flytipping.
When reporting flytipping, please provide as many details as possible to ensure the waste can be dealt with quickly, such as:
- the location of the flytipping, including road names and landmarks
- a description of what items have been tipped, including quantities
- a description of person committing the flytipping offence
- details of any vehicles involved, including make, colour and registration number
We treat this problem very seriously and will usually prosecute anyone caught flytipping waste.
- we may use surveillance equipment to monitor known problem areas
- we can investigate flytipping offences to take enforcement action against those responsible
- a successful prosecution can result in a fine at a magistrates' court of up to £50,000 and/or 6 months imprisonment
Commercial waste disposal
Our Neighbourhood Enforcement Officers carry out visits to businesses to ensure that they are adhering to their commercial waste disposal responsibilities.
We complete checks with the Environment Agency to confirm that all carriers of waste are registered.